To obtain a solicitor’s permit for Non-Profit groups, For-Profit Groups and individuals selling products to citizens must do the following.
Please note: the process, which includes a background check, may take up two weeks. Please plan accordingly!
- File an application – The form is available in person at the Dane County Clerk’s office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Room 106A
- Photograph: Submit a 2” x 2” photograph taken within the last year showing the head and shoulders of the applicant. The photo will be kept for our records.
- A non-refundable fee of $110.00 (cash only) will be collected when the application is submitted to the county clerk. (For Profit applicants).
- Finger Prints: You will need your completed Solicitor Application form to take with you to the Madison Police Department, 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Room GR-10 to be fingerprinted between the hours of 8 AM and 3:30 PM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. NO prints are done on Tuesdays. Cost is $10.00.
- Our office will submit a background check request to the Dane County Sheriff, which may take up to 2 weeks to complete so please allow plenty of time.
- Once all requirements have been met and the background check is cleared the applicant will be issued a permit #. He/she must carry the permit with them when working. Fines of up to $300.00 a day do apply. • If you have questions regarding this process, please call (608) 266-4121.